Home » Federal Firearms Laws »State Firearms Laws » Currently Reading:

Can a part year Arizona resident do a face to face transfer?

December 29, 2009 Federal Firearms Laws, State Firearms Laws No Comments

Question:  If I purchase a gun from a private seller in Arizona and my drivers license in from Nevada and I live seasonally in Arizona, is it legal?

Answer: Under the letter of the law, you may not engage in a face to face transfer in Arizona.  Since you maintain your official resident status in Nevada, where you have your license, you are not considered to be an Arizona resident.  Under AZ law, face to face transfers may only occur between two Arizona residents.  Since your are technically a Nevada resident, you would need to send the gun to a federally licensed firearms dealer in Nevada who would transfer the firearm to you in compliance with Nevada law.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)