Home » AZ CCW Laws »CCW Administrative Rules »Out-of-State Carry » Currently Reading:

CCW Name Change and Moving to Colorado

December 29, 2009 AZ CCW Laws, CCW Administrative Rules, Out-of-State Carry No Comments

Question: I recently got married but I also moved a couple weeks ago to Colorado. Where do I start? What forms do I fill out? Do I have to take a class again in Colorado and do it all over? If you can let me know I would appreciate it, I want to be valid. Thanks!

Answer: Congrats on your wedding!  Sorry we lost you to Colorado.  You will need to file both a change of address and a change of name with AZ DPS.  The forms that you need to fill out are available on the Arizona DPS website at:  http://www.azdps.gov/services/concealed_weapons/

If you look on the left side of the page you will see a link to “Forms”.  Click there and look for the “Name Change” form.  You can use the same on for both the name and address change.  Once you get to Colorado and get a CO driver license, you’ll need to take a CCW course there to get a Colorado permit.  If you are in the Denver area, check out the folks at Profire USA.  Their website is:  http://www.profire.us/

They are a great bunch of folks and you will get top quality training with them.  Your Arizona permit will work as long as you have an Arizona license since you won’t be considered to be an ‘official’ resident of Colorado until you get your license and registration there.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)